A Case of Wine to be Won Every Month
There are two ways for you to be in with a chance of winning this prize each and every month:
- Join The Wine Gang - every new member who joins us will be entered into the draw for that month
- Already a member? - those renewing their membership during the month will also be in the draw
Maison des Vins du Sud-Ouest - with The Wine Gang
Comptoir Gascon © Jean Cazals
|Did you know that the wines of South West France are available to taste for free in London's very own Maison des Vins du Sud-Ouest? The Maison des Vins is the 'home' of wines from the region with a permanent showcase for wines from the South West. The Maison des Vins is located inside the fabulous Comptoir Gascon in Smithfield Market, a restaurant specialising in delicacies from this beautiful part of France. The wines on show are made up exclusively from a selection decided by The Wine Gang, who tasted their way through over 200 wines from the South West to find 'ambassador' wines to be offered at the Maison des Vins throughout the year. Customers having lunch at Comptoir Gascon will be offered a free taste of wines chosen by The Wine Gang. The selection will change on a weekly basis.|
This month: Let's Learn About Fronton
Located in the Haute-Garonne and Tarn et Garonne regions, Fronton is home to both red and rosé wines (about 30% of production is pink), but no white wines are made here, The great grape of Fronton is Négrette, a real local speciality, though Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Gamay, Fer Servadou, Malbec and Cinsault are grown too. Its proximity to the city of Toulouse means much of the production is consumed locally, with reds packed with blackcurrant fruit, floral notes and spices. Fronton's rosés are aromatic and normally dry and full bodied.
WIN HOLIDAY IN FRANCE COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The prize draw is open to residence of the UK, England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland C.I. and I.O.M aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their families of Sopexa UK, The Wine Gang, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To participate in the draw, entrants must be paid-up members of The Wine Gang when the draw takes place at midnight, 20th December 2013
3. Only current members at 20th December 2013 will be eligible to win this prize.
4. By participating in the draw all applicants will be deemed to have accepted, and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations.
5. The prizes to be won can be taken between March 2014 and September 2014, excluding bank holidays each consisting of:
A. Economy travel from any mainland UK station or airport, travel insurance and services of a guide in France.
B. The trip to the South West of France: 2 nights stay in a 3* hotel for two people based on 2 people sharing double room/twin on a B&B basis plus dinner 2 nights in a selected restaurant. Full day’s visits to vineyards inclusive of wines tastings plus some free time. Travel to and from departures in the UK at winner’s expense.
6. The winner is responsible for ensuring a valid passport is in place for winner and companion. The winner and his/her companion will be personally responsible for any changes payable as a result of this promotion which are not included in the prize(s) as described in the rules including but not limited to: internet, telephone, charges. All dates concerning hotel accommodation and restaurant reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking
7. Winners will be drawn at random under independent supervision and notified by email within 4 weeks of the closing date. In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 28 days of such notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
8. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these terms and conditions.
9. There are no cash or other prize alternative available, except in the event of circumstances outside its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value.
10. The Promoter’s decision regarding all promotional matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
11. Winners maybe required participating in related publicity without further recompense.
12. The names of the winners and the counties will be available by sending a S.A.E. to: Sopexa UK, Buchanan House, 24/30 Holborn, London. EC1N 2HS within 3 months from the closing date.
The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
The Promoter is: South West France Wines - Interprofession des Vins du Sud-Ouest, Centre INRA, Chemin de Borde Rouge BP 92123 .31321 CASTANET TOLOSAN Cedex (Please do not send entries to this address)